Museum Is About the Making of the American People
June 25, 2014
May 1, 2014
May 1, 2014
Apr. 24, 2014
Mar. 25, 2014
"E Pluribus Unum!"
Leaders from across the spectrum of American ethnic organizations came together on the National Mall in Washington, DC to call for establishment of the National Museum of the American People. Please take a look at this 2 1/2 minute video.
New NMAP Music Video Ode to Hill
The NMAP coalition sent this music video to members of Congress on May 20 urging them to back the museum.
What We Seek
The Museum Will
- A bipartisan Presidential commission to study establishment of the museum.
- No federal appropriations to plan, build or operate the museum.
- A site off of the National Mall in Washington.
- To tell every ethnic, nationality and minority group's immigration or migration stories.
- The best story-telling museum in the world to tell one of the world's greatest stories.
You Should Know
- Celebrate all of the people who came here from every land.
- Foster a better sense of belonging to the nation and contribute to our unified national identity.
- Welcome visitors from every American ethnic and minority group who will learn their own story and about all of the others.
- Tell its dramatic story in the manner of a compelling documentary.
- Embody our original national motto: E Pluribus Unum – From Many, One.
- The full story about the making of the American People is not told in any museum in Washington.
- The 150 organizations supporting this effort represent most major U.S. ethnic, minority and nationality groups.
- Eminent scholars from around the world will help tell the story.
- A resolution in Congress backing the museum has bipartisan support.